Sundays is a direct-to-consumer, online-first furniture start-up based out of Vancouver, BC. We’re a young company with big plans so we’re looking for talented and driven individuals to grow with us.
Reporting to the VP of eCommerce and Marketing, the Digital Experience Product Designer will be responsible for designing and bringing ease to the customer shopping experience on Sundays-company.com. You will be a part of building Sundays’ brand vision into a cutting edge and beautiful eCommerce experience. Curiosity and continuous improvement are ingrained in your methodology as you identify, develop, test, execute and optimize across the site. The successful candidate will have a strong portfolio that showcases their approach to design strategy and their ability to produce well-thought-out experiences.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define the UX strategy, vision, and customer experience across Sundays-company.com
- Establish consistency in the user experience by building out design patterns and style guide across experiences
- Design with a qualitative and quantitative data-driven approach
- Conduct formative user testing, interviews, surveys, review data and perform competitive analysis to inform designs
- Produce detailed wireframes, prototypes, high-fidelity designs inclusive of annotations for development hand-off
- Design with scalability in mind, always
- Work collaboratively with other teams within Sundays including Product, eCommerce, Marketing, Brand and Customer Experience to bring ideas to life
- Assist with testing and troubleshoot issues to ensure a successful launch of new features
- Keep up to date with trends and best practices for UX/UI design and accessibility
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years UX/UI design experience, designing for e-commerce will be considered a strong asset.
- Education in Design or Interaction Design/User Experience (or equivalent)
- A strong portfolio that highlights an understanding of current UX/UI trends and user experiences across devices
- Experience working in a fast-paced, growth focused environment
- Deep understanding of the entire design process, including conducting user research, wireframing and prototyping, through to delivering designs and technical requirements to the development team
- An analytical mindset with experience in setting up user-testing, understanding Google Analytics and other tools (i.e. Hotjar) to translate data into insights and actions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively articulate your ideas, designs and ideas.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Agile and flexible with regards to changing priorities and business needs and in working with diverse teams and people
- Keen to take on new opportunities and challenges, with a passion to continue to develop and grow
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Be a part of a fast-paced, exciting new business.
- Comprehensive benefits plan (health, dental, vision).
- Generous product discounts.
- Free weekly classes at Ride Cycle Club.
- Kitchen stocked with coffee and tea and fresh fruit.
- Modern, casual, and open office with views of downtown Vancouver and mountains.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Hybrid model of work from home & office (office location is on Glen Drive in East Vancouver).
We appreciate hearing from all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Sundays is proud to be an equal opportunity employer who is committed to inclusive hiring practices.
*Safety is a top priority. Please note that proof of vaccination against Covid-19 is mandatory prior to commencing employment at Sundays.