About the Role
Sundays Company is a direct-to-consumer, online-first furniture start-up based out of Vancouver, BC. We’re a young company with big plans so we’re looking for talented and driven individuals to grow with us!
Reporting to the Operations Manager and with 2 direct reports to start (1 x Logistics Supervisor & 1 x Inventory Coordinator), the Logistics Manager will be responsible for developing the Logistics & Inventory teams and ensure they have the correct tools & skills to provide our customers with the kind of delivery experience they will rave about.
You are a problem solver who can think on your feet, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment. You’ll work to set and meet Logistics KPIs, create and improve efficiencies in the department, and motivate and grow the teams.
You are organized, analytical, detail oriented, a strong problem solver, authentic and team focused.
This is a new position at Sundays.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the Supervisor & wider team to provide a balance of secure, fast & cost-effective shipping from our three warehouses to customers across North America within our delivery window promise.
- Develop shipping and delivery SLAs and regularly report on results to identify areas of improvement.
- Report on and analyze current performance of the department. Conduct 3 month and annual reviews.
- Oversee the rates and reasons of returns and carrier claims. Report any trends.
- Work closely with carriers to ensure effective execution of goods transportation.
- Handle any escalated issues with carriers.
- Liaise with Customer Care & Warehouse teams to notify of issues & implement improvements.
- Coach and develop to support the team achieving departmental goals including to have a better understanding of SAP.
- Search for continuous improvement opportunities to streamline the workflows, particularly through SAP.
- Work on integration projects with third party carriers and our e-commerce team.
- Ensure that the team is up to date on all system and process changes as well as SOPs
- Drive changes and improvements to processes related to inventory allocation, shipping and the delivery experience in the spirit of innovation.
- Plan, prioritize and delegate tasks to achieve outcomes.
- Develop and implement processes and strategies that are aligned with business goals; develop and document process flows.
- Responsible for planning staffing based on revenue forecasting and collaborate with HR in hiring new employees.
- Develop training plan and material.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years of progressive leadership experience working in a Logistics and Inventory environment.
- High level of experience in and understanding of SAP (Business1 an asset) & Excel is essential.
- Team player with an upbeat and helpful attitude.
- Confident in multitasking, prioritizing and organizing tasks to meet deadlines and increase efficiency.
- Excellent communication (oral, written) and interpersonal skills with people at any level of an organization.
- Experience implementing and planning complex processes in an e-commerce environment.
- Driven by results with proven experience setting and meeting targets and KPIs.
- Work independently with little day-to-day supervision.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Teams & Outlook), navigating the web and the ability to type 50+wpm.
- Experience working with Shopify & Freshdesk an asset.
- If working from home, must have a minimum upload & download speed of 15mbps.