Sundays is a direct-to-consumer, online-first furniture start-up based out of Vancouver, BC. We’re a young company with big plans so we’re looking for talented and driven individuals to grow with us!
We are looking for a Graphic Designer with strong design sense and an eye on the latest digital web trends. Candidates should be able to design within an established brand identity system, while pushing the direction forward.
Reporting to the VP of eCommerce and Marketing, the Graphic Designer will develop and produce assets across all channels including our website, email, social (organic and paid), printed materials for in-store, events, press and packaging.. . The right candidate will feel at-home in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with Marketing, Product, eCommerce to articulate and produce creative that will propel the Sundays brand
- Design and produce assets across multiple channels (homepage, email, paid, organic social, in-store signage, and other print materials etc.)
- Create branded collateral for internal use and influencer gifting
- Develop Digital icons
- Create templates across all channels
- Research best practices in eCommerce packaging and make suggestions for updates/changes.
- Post production processing of photography and image selection across assets
- Managing projects and delivery that align with the marketing calendar
- Other ad-hoc duties as necessary.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficiency of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch. Motion graphics are a huge plus!
- 2+ years of design experience in an agency or corporate environment with a focus on digital asset development and gif development
- Related diploma, degree, or equivalent experience in graphic design.
- A strong portfolio with relevant sample work.
- You’re known for having an egoless and flexible design approach.
- Knowledge about specifications for digital, e-commerce and print media
- Experience in applying accessibility compliance.
- Excellent understanding of current design trends.
- Agile and flexible with regards to changing priorities and business needs and in working with diverse teams and people.
- Attention to detail – can manage a wide variety of tasks and projects
- Keen to take on new opportunities and challenges, with a passion to continue to develop and grow
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Be a part of a fast-paced, exciting new business.
- Comprehensive benefits plan (health, dental, vision).
- Generous product discounts.
- Free weekly classes at Ride Cycle Club.
- Kitchen stocked with coffee and tea.
- Modern, casual, and open office with views of downtown Vancouver and mountains.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Option to work from home during COVID-19, however easing back into a hybrid model of work from home & office (office location is on Glen Drive in East Vancouver).
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.