About the Role
Sundays is a direct-to-consumer, online-first furniture start-up based out of Vancouver, BC. We’re a young company with big plans so we’re looking for talented and driven individuals to grow with us!
Reporting to the Operations Manager and with 4 direct reports to start (2 x Customer Care Supervisors & 2 x Trade Associates), the Customer Care Manager will be responsible for continuing to shape Sundays Customer Care and ensure associates have the tools & skills to provide our customers with the kind of service they will rave about.
You are a problem solver who can think on your feet. You turn customer concerns into opportunities, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment. You’ll work to set and meet customer service SLAs & Trade KPIs, create and improve efficiencies in the department, and motivate and grow the Customer Care team.
You are organized, detail oriented, a strong problem solver, authentic and customer centric.
This is a new position at Sundays. The Customer Care team size is currently comprised of 8 full time associates, 1 part time associate & continuing to grow rapidly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the supervisors & wider team to provide exceptional customer service through chat, email and phone communication ensuring customer expectations are met and exceeded.
- Coach and develop the Customer Care Supervisors & Trade Associates to support the team achieving departmental goals
- Ensure that the team is up to date on all system and process changes as well as SOPs
- Drive changes and improvements to processes related to Customer experience in the spirit of innovation.
- Plan, prioritize and delegate tasks to achieve outcomes.
- Develop and implement processes and strategies that are aligned with business goals; develop and document process flows.
- Communicate customer feedback with marketing and logistics teams to implement improvements.
- Responsible for planning staffing based on revenue forecasting and collaborate with HR in hiring new employees.
- Keep up to date with customer service trends in the industry an adapt our policies as appropriate.
- Ensure SLA targets are met; report on and analyze current performance of the department. Conduct 3 month and annual reviews.
- Handle customer escalations as needed if passed on from associates to supervisors to maintain an excellent customer experience.
- Focus on fostering a positive working environment & social activities within the department
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years of progressive leadership experience working in a customer service environment
- Confident in multitasking, prioritizing and organizing tasks to meet deadlines and increase efficiency.
- Excellent communication (oral, written) and interpersonal skills with people at any level of an organization.
- Experience implementing and planning complex processes in an omnichannel retail environment across cross-functional teams.
- Driven by results with proven experience setting and meeting targets and KPIs.
- Work independently with little day-to-day supervision.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Teams & Outlook), navigating the web and the ability to type 50+wpm.
- Experience working with Shopify, SAP & Freshdesk a significant asset.
- If working from home, must have a minimum upload & download speed of 15mbps.