Sundays is a direct-to-consumer, online-first furniture start-up based out of Vancouver, BC. We are a young company with big plans so we’re looking for talented and driven individuals to grow with us!
The Creative Director will play a vital role in driving the creative vision and exponential growth through leadership of both strategy and execution of the creative agenda at Sundays. The ideal candidate brings a successful track record of developing and executing Creative strategy in a modern, fast-growing primarily ecommerce business with a focus on digital-first assets. You will be a visionary to inspire the seasonal Sundays strategy through the identification of critical creative elements that propel the brand. As the Creative Director, you will lead the team to set and design the long term vision.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish the enduring point of view and creative direction for the Sundays brand
- Build the roadmap for the future of Sundays creative
- Mood boarding, directing campaign shoots across digital and print channels.
- Direct and oversee photo and video production, preparing imagery and video for final placement
- Manage the day to day creative development of the studio and ensure creative is on brief and aligned to brand vision
- Facilitate the creative brainstorming process with a focus on digital- first assets, and based on briefs create presentations to stakeholders which visualize how concepts could play out across multiple channels including graphic design
- Provide approval for a variety of creative campaigns and initiatives
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams in multiple projects and balance multiple time sensitive deadlines with various stakeholders
- Evolve and iterating brand guidelines ensuring they are current, on-brand, on-trend and tone appropriate
- Responsible for forecasting industry, design, and cultural trends
- Build relationships with local and emerging talent and potential collaborators for the Sundays brand across markets
- Coach, lead and manage workload, budgets and professional development of the creative team and contractors.
- Build a pipeline for future creative roles at Sundays
- Set a clear vision, align the team around common objectives, and foster commitment to deliver
- Act as a key representative of Sundays’ brand, aesthetic and style fundamentals while setting trends and influencing culture.
- Be the driving force behind conceptualization and execution of creative and visual ideas, that elevate Sundays’ brand.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- 7-10 years’ experience in a creative leadership role with a direct to consumer brand in addition to relevant post-secondary education
- Proven success as a leader and manager of creative teams., working collaboratively with cross-functional teams such as eCommerce, Brand, Product Design and Technology.
- Outstanding leadership and the ability to keep your team focused and passionate, while supporting with eliminating barriers and seeking clarity.
- Intimate familiarity in the creative processes of design, copy, photo, and film while balancing business strategy and growth objectives
- Experience leading multi-faceted campaigns that include activations in social, digital, retail, and PR.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe creative suite and associated design tools
- A strong depth of experience in art direction, photography, film, graphic design, architecture, and digital UX
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Strong facilitation, diplomacy, and leadership skills
- The ability to set clear objectives and inspire the team to reach their highest potential
- A key representative of Sundays’ brand, aesthetic and style fundamentals while setting trends and influencing culture.
- The driving force behind conceptualization and execution of creative and visual ideas, that elevate Sundays’ brand
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Be a part of a fast-paced, exciting new business.
- Comprehensive benefits plan (health, dental, vision).
- Generous product discounts.
- Free weekly classes at Ride Cycle Club.
- Kitchen stocked with coffee and tea and fresh fruit.
- Modern, casual, and open office with views of downtown Vancouver and mountains.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Hybrid model of work from home & office (office location is on Glen Drive in East Vancouver).
Along with your application, please include a copy of your portfolio.
Sundays is proud to be an equal opportunity employer who is committed to inclusive hiring practices.